Recipe: Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
Chicken and dumplings take forever to make. So I went on a mission to make an easy form of Chicken and dumplings. My husband and my mom both love this meal so much my husband wants it every week. So here is the recipe.
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups Bisquick or self-rising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 t. wylers chicken granules or 3 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- pepper & salt, as desired
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- In a 9x13 or larger casserole dish, melt 1 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper, sage, and garlic powder over the chicken. *If you want to make as a potpie add frozen vegetables now* ****DO NOT MIX LAYERS***
- In a small bowl, mix milk and bisquick. Slowly pour over chicken
- In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken stock, *works well when it's warm*, chicken gruneles and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the bisquick layer.
- Bake in oven for approx. 50-60 minutes or till top is golden brown.
- Let set 10 minutes to thicken.