Recipe: Double Decker Pumpkin Pie
I hate pie crust with a passion ever since I was a little girl. My mom found this pie and I fell in love with it since then. It's the one pie that I have to have for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now here I am to share this recipe with you.
- 2 Graham Cracker pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbs cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- One 16-ounce can pure (unsweetened) pumpkin
- Two small package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 tbs milk and sugar with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip. Spread half of mixture in each pie tin.
2. In a second bowl, mix pumpkin, pudding mix, and spice with remaining 1 c. milk. Beat with wire whisk until well blended (mixture will be thick). Spread over cream cheese layer in each pie.
3. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until well set. Serve slices with remaining whipped topping.